Saturday, January 30, 2010

Genesis: This is the Beginning

"In the beginning Diffenderfer created the blog and the post. And the blog was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep."


Greetings World,

I am currently sitting on the floor of my friend Danielle's apartment typing. I have been wanting to create a blog for some time, and this is the beginning.

I'm the kind of guy who has many things that interest him, get him excited, and drive him to study. It's my goal to allow my blog to be my catch-all for what I'm currently interested in.

For instance, a few weeks ago I got hooked on Texas Holdem. I wanted to know absolutely everything there was to know about it. Consequently, I played nearly 2000 hands of Texas Holdem online in a week. At the end of that week, I found out about a Texas Holdem tournament taking place at my school. I didn't even know about this tournament until two hours before it began. However, I showed up and played just the same. After starting with six full tables and around forty people participating, I slowly began to knock people out one at a time. Eventually, I made it to the top table. At this point, I was so overwhelmed that I was hyperventilating and felt nauseous. To make a long story short, I ended up qualifying for the southeast regionals in Texas Holdem that night after only playing poker for a week.

Earlier this week, I picked up my roommate's Rubik's cube. I found myself hooked. I spent about four hours trying to solve it the first night (accidentally forgetting that I had a meeting in the process), three hours trying to solve it the next day, and four hours trying to solve it on day three. When I finally did solve it, I was so incredibly happy with myself. It was a bit after midnight and my housemates and neighbors were undoubtedly shaken by my screams of jubilation.

I mention both of these to say that I hope to document all of my quirkiness onto this blog. Whether I'm reading a book, trying to figure out a new skill, or just sharing life experiences, I hope to always provide entertainment at the randomisity that is Daniel Diffenderfer.

Excitedly,
Daniel

No comments:

Post a Comment